**This page is included for reference purposes only. When arriving at your event, you will be asked to sign a paper waiver.**
Axe Haus Recreation Inc.
Contract of Release of Liability
TO: Axe Haus Recreation Inc. and their respective directors, officers, employees, guides, agents, representatives, volunteers, independent contractors, subcontractors, sponsors, successors, assigns, the World Axe Throwing League (WATL), and Staff and or Directors of Beaverton Legion Branch 135 and any persons associated therewith or participating therein (all of whom are hereinafter collectively referred to as the “Releasees”).
DEFINITION In this Release Agreement, the term “Sports” shall include any use or participation in the axe, hatchet, or knife throwing at the Axe Haus facility or temporary facility at which participation in the Sports may occur, including but not limited to Branch 135 of the Royal Canadian Legion, and related equipment, and any other activities, events or services provided, arranged, organized, sponsored or authorized by the Releasees in any way associated or connected with axe, hatchet, or knife throwing.
ASSUMPTION OF RISKS I am aware that the Sports involves unusual risks, dangers and hazards including, but not limited to: accidents which may occur in the facility; slips and falls; malfunction of the equipment used; injury and open wounds; shock, stress or other injury to the body while participating in the Sports; negligence on the part of other persons; and NEGLIGENCE ON THE PART OF THE RELEASEES. I UNDERSTAND THAT NEGLIGENCE INCLUDES FAILURE ON THE PART OF THE RELEASEES TO TAKE REASONABLE STEPS TO SAFEGUARD OR PROTECT ME FROM THE RISKS, DANGERS AND HAZARDS OF THE SPORTS. I acknowledge that the Sports may result in injury, worsening of an existing medical condition, or death. I freely accept and fully assume all such risks, dangers and hazards and the possibility of injury, death, property damage or loss resulting therefrom.
MEDICAL CONDITION I understand that the Sports may place unusual stresses on the body. The Sports are not recommended for persons suffering from asthma, epilepsy, cardio/respiratory disorder, hypertension, or skeletal, joint or ligament problems or conditions, and certain mental illnesses. Women who are pregnant or suspect they are pregnant, and persons who have consumed alcohol, are not recommended to engage in the Sports. I have been advised to consult with my medical practitioner if I have any concern about my medical condition or fitness to engage in the Sports.
RELEASE OF LIABILITY, WAIVER OF CLAIMS AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT In consideration of the Releasees agreeing to my participation in the Sports, and permitting my use of the Sports’ equipment, room and other facilities, I hereby agree as follows:
- TO WAIVE ANY AND ALL CLAIMS AND TO RELEASE THE RELEASEES from any and all liability for any loss, damage, expense or injury including death that I may suffer, or that my next of kin may suffer, as a result of my participation in the Sports, DUE TO ANY CAUSE WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE, BREACH OF CONTRACT, OR BREACH OF ANY STATUTORY OR OTHER DUTY OF CARE, INCLUDING ANY DUTY OF CARE OWED UNDER THE OCCUPIERS LIABILITY ACT, R.S.O. 1990, ON THE PART OF THE RELEASEES. I UNDERSTAND THAT NEGLIGENCE INCLUDES THE FAILURE ON PART OF THE RELEASEES TO TAKE REASONABLE STEPS TO SAFEGUARD OR PROTECT ME FROM THE RISKS, DANGERS AND HAZARDS OF THE SPORTS REFERRED TO ABOVE;
- TO HOLD HARMLESS AND INDEMNIFY THE RELEASEES from any and all liability for any property damage or personal injury to any third party resulting from my participation in the Sports;
- This Release Agreement shall be effective and binding upon my heirs, next of kin, executors, administrators, assigns and representatives, in the event of my death or incapacity;
- This Release Agreement and any rights, duties and obligations as between the parties to this Release Agreement shall be governed by and interpreted solely in accordance with the laws of the Province of Ontario and no other jurisdiction;
- Any litigation involving the parties to this Release Agreement shall be brought solely within the Province of Ontario and shall be within the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of the Province of Ontario.
- I understand that all rules, posted and available from the World Axe Throwing League (WATL) directly, for participation must be followed and that at all times the sole responsibility for personal safety remains with me, and I will immediately remove myself from participation, and notify the staff, if at any time I sense or observe any unusual hazard or unsafe condition or if I feel that I have experienced any deterioration in my physical, emotional or mental fitness for continued participation in the event.
In entering into this Release Agreement I am not relying on any oral or written representations or statements made by the Releasees with respect to the safety of the Sports, other than what is set forth in this Release Agreement.
Consent to photo/video release
I consent to photographs and videos being taken of me during my participation in the Sports, and to publication of the photographs and videos by the Releasees for advertising, promotional and marketing purposes.